#2 PEPPERONI & CHEESE STUFFED BREAD ROLLS
This one looked so good on my Pinterest board and was just calling out my name…begging to be recreated right here in my kitchen. And guess what, guess what?! They are just as good as they look.
These gooey cheesy pepperoni bites were love at first bite. The best part is they are SO easy and quick to make. I love them even more because i have these ingredients in my kitchen all the time.
INGREDIENTS I USED:
– bread slices (quantity depends on how many rolls you want to make)
– slices of pepperoni (3 per slice)
– strips/slices of cheddar or mozarella cheese
– garlic powder to sprinkle
– bread crumbs
– 1 beaten egg
– 1 tblsp butter for frying/toasting
DIRECTIONS I FOLLOWED:
1. Cut off the bread crusts.
2. Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread slices. That makes it easier to roll them up.
3. Arrange 3 slices of pepperoni across the middle of each bread and top with a slice of cheese.
4. Now carefully and tightly roll it.
5. Brush it all around with the beaten egg
6. Roll into the bread crumbs and pat to secure.
7. Heat and grease a frying pan with a tablespoon or less of butter. and fry up the rolls in it. Make sure the heat is not too high, just enough to get a nice toasty golden crumb and melt the cheese. Mmmm, perfect!
8. Once they are warm enough to handle, slice them into bite size pieces and serve!
This is definitely a keeper. Yayy!
It can be served as an ideal appetizer, party food, and can be added to kid’s lunch boxes. And it’s got me thinking of all the variations i can make from this. Next time I’m thinking to add a filling of chicken + mushroom + cheese OR spinach + chicken + cheese. Tons of options, so go ahead make your own version of these bread roll bites.