Why do i want to make chicken nuggets at home when they are easily commercially available everywhere? Well, for me the biggest and only motivation is the fact that i will know exactly what my child is eating.
I’m sure a lot of moms must have heard stories about how they are so bad for the kids since they are made of all kinds of rubbish and NOT real chicken. Oh boy! sure sounds scary, but try explaining to a 3 year old why he cant have his favorite snack anymore and kick start his tantrum mode…nope! no, thank you.
Honestly, i haven’t come across any kid yet who doesn’t like nuggets. So the simple solution is to make them at home, at least that way you know you are feeding them some good protein. And trust me these nuggets are super easy to make and guess what?!…they taste just like the store bought ones. Seriously!
makes approx 20 nuggets
250g chicken mince
2 slices of bread
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika OR red chili powder
1/4 tsp grounded black pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Mix together the first six ingredients in a food processor.
2. Place flour , crumbs and a beaten egg in separate bowls.
3. Shape the meat mixture into any shape you like, then coat with the flour, then egg and lastly coat with breadcrumbs and press together.
4. Fry them until golden and crisp.
– freeze in a covered container after coating the nuggets. You can use them later any time like the usual store bought ones.
– 2 slices of bread makes approximately 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs